Applications are currently being accepted in Juneau for Inside Wiremen (Electrician) and Telecommunications Workers. Applications must be submitted to the IBEW Office in Juneau by June 23rd. Call (907) 586-3050 for details.
Applications may be obtained by clicking here, or in person at the Tom Cashen Training Center in Anchorage, the Kornfeind Training Center in Fairbanks, or at the IBEW hall in both Juneau and Ketchikan. Use this checklist to have all necessary documentation when submitting your application:
To Apply You Must:
– Be 18 years of age at the time of your interview
– Possess a valid AK Driver’s License
– Submit a current copy of your driving record
– Have a High School Diploma, GED Certificate or higher degree
– Obtain an official (sealed) copy of your high school transcripts
– Have completed 2 semesters of Algebra 1 with a grade of ‘C’ or better, the ONLINE TECH MATH COURSE, or the Work Keys Placement test at any STATE OF ALASKA JOB CENTER with a score of 6 or higher
– Pay a $25.00 Application Fee
Once these requirements are met, an application form may be submitted and accepted for an interview.
Note: Submitting an application is only the first step in qualifying for apprenticeship.